10.11.2010

Chenille oh how I love thee...

This weekend we spent 3 blissful days in Saugatuck, Michigan. My whole family packed up and headed north for my brother's 21st birthday. I love how I have a brother who wants to spend his 21st with his family. We stayed in a cozy cabin right on Lake Michigan but more about that in a coming post.

We did some serious antiquing on Sunday. I know Ryan is my soulmate because despite being a total guy's guy he loves a good antique store. He travels a lot for work and will even stop by himself if he sees an interesting one from the road {too cute}.



This chenille blanket was $28! That's it! I felt like I was stealing. Where I live you can't get a chenille blanket in mint condition for under $60. Ones with giant stains aren't even $28. I wanted to buy every chenille blanket within sight. But I settled for this pretty little lady who will now sleep in the spare bedroom. I love the cheery colors and the possibilities of it being on my little girl's bed someday.



This nursery rhyme book is the same one that my grandma read to me when I was a little girl. I have been searching for years for a copy and finally found it. Serendipity? I think so. I loved the stories and pictures when I was little and I am so excited to have it in our nursery someday.





What are some of your favorite treasures you have found lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...